CFS Local in Nigeria
The Makoko Dream project is a Five-part project:
- Child Education,
- Girl and Boy Empowerment Scheme,
- Maternal Health,
- General Health,
- Revamping Architectural Building for Tourist attraction
For the Child Education Phase, we believe that every child has a right to Education and as such should not be denied such due to parents’ short comings.
We decided to adopt one of the Lesson-like schools calling it THE MAKOKO DREAM SCHOOL, without taking away what they were called at first.
- We have been able to provide school uniforms for some of the students (10 precisely) although our goal is to provide for the whole school which is about 200 in number.
- We also have been able to take some of the students on Excursion; most recently to Covenant University on January 1st 2017 with a view to make them see the ‘outside’ world and dare to dream to be great. We did this because we believe that a major part of education is exposure.
- Also we have been able to donate some exercise books and hopefully more textbooks as time goes by.
- In January 2017, we got the Children The First School Bus on Water, ie THE MAKOKO DREAM SCHOOL BUS- a customized Canoe that is used to carry school children to and fro school so as to make those living afar have a means of coming to school early. Owing to the fact that, unlike on Land where one can trek to school, on water that is impossible except they swim, which is really not an option.
- We have also embarked on Skill acquisition and Empowerment for the School children so as to spark the entrepreneurial Spirit in them at an early age.
For the Empowerment Scheme, presently we have contacted some potential partners and Partners who will facilitate the Empowerment scheme in Bead Making, Pastries, Shoe Making, Photography etc. That is the goal for the Month of March and April and successful applicants or students get materials to start their own business with the aim that after they have been established they must come back and develop their community as well till the ripple effect of change takes centre stage. We intend getting Volunteers to take these classes on weekends.
For the Maternal Health, nothing concrete has been done as we are awaiting one of our Potential Partners. However we have given some sanitary wares on few occasions to some persons there.
Projections for 2017 and How to Be A Part of the Dream
We intend erecting a Proper school with basic facilities and Library in that community within the next three months. Also by then we will now call on External Volunteers who will like to teach the children. So, to an extent for the Child Education we are at least 30% plus in that phase
To be a part of this contact:
Founder, The MAKOKO DREAM PROJECT
29 Berkley Street, Off Moloney Ikoyi, Lagos
Twitter:@Makokodream IG:@TheMakokodream Facebook: The Makokodream
We are very active on social media! Follow Us!
Don’t Want To Miss Any Social Change Happening Within Your Community And Around The World? Sign Up To Get Updates From Us!