6 new Opportunities for non-tech innovators (get up to £20,000 to support your innovation, travel to Berlin, Egypt & MORE!)
British Council #IdeasChangeLives Global Innovation Challenge 2019 (£20,000 Prize)
British Council #IdeasChangeLives is the global innovation challenge to find digital solutions to some of the world’s greatest problems. British Council is looking for people with a fresh, entrepreneurial spirit and a big idea that has the potential to make a positive impact for communities across the globe.
British Council accept ‘early stage’ applications, meaning you don’t necessarily need a working prototype when you make your application. You don’t need to be working in the digital or technology sector to apply.
Prize: The winning pitch will get £20,000 to invest in their idea, as well as mentorship and support from the British Council for a full year.
Application Deadline: 10 January 2020.
Click for more details: https://www.britishcouncil.org/work/partner/ideas-change-lives[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”Inline Related Posts” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”yes” number=”4″ style=”list” align=”none” displayby=”cat” orderby=”random”]
The Pollination Project (up to $1000 USD)
Seed grants are available up to $1000 USD to support NGOs, Social Initiatives and Grassroot Grouls working on any social project.
The Purpose of a Pollination Project Seed Grant is to support passionate, committed people with an early-stage social change vision. We fund individuals and community groups, and you do not need to be a registered or established organization to apply.
Our Grants are designed to:
- Support passionate, committed people with a social change vision.
- Support projects in their early stage of development and where a small amount of money will go a very long way – we want to kick start your dreams for a better world.
- Help ensure sustainability of your work by building resilience or fundraising ability– during review, we often ask: “what happens once the grant runs out?”
- Cover costs such as supplies, program materials, direct travel expenses for program implementation, website fees, discounted professional services, printing, copying, promotional costs, technical support.
- Pay for 501(c)(3) filing fees and expenses only if your project meets our specific conditions. Please read more about the funding conditions here.
- Support projects with a clear target audience, and a compelling plan to reach and impact that target audience in a positive way. If your project involves video or other media production, then this element of your plan will receive particularly careful attention from our team.
- Support projects that do not expect to earn profit, or where any income will be used for a purely charitable effort. We do also offer Pay it forward loans to support for-profit social benefit projects.
- Cover costs similar to these examples.
Apply if you are interested. Open to everyone around the world
Click to apply: https://thepollinationproject.org
Scholarship, Fellowships and Internships
The 2020 Young Global Changers program
The Young Global Changers program brings together young people from around the world who are working towards a global paradigm shift, combining their talents and together becoming a strong voice for change. Successful applicants will receive a full scholarship to participate in the Global Solutions Summer School and the Global Solutions Summit from April 17-22, 2020 in Berlin, Germany.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
Who Should Apply?
- Young researchers and academics involved in a research project that tackles issues related to the recoupling of economy, society and environmental sustainability,
- Young entrepreneurs and innovators involved in a social enterprise aimed at recoupling, and young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside,
- Young non-profit leaders, active as community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic or environmental change on a local, regional or global level,
…who are between the ages of 21 and 35,
…who want to become longstanding, active members of a strong global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change,
.…who commit to working constantly towards recouplin the economy with social well-being in a sustainable way,
…who want to become regular contributors to the Global Solutions Summit and other events and activities of the Global Solutions Initiative.
Click link for more details: https://www.global-solutions-initiative.org/young-global-changers/application/
The World Youth Alliance Internship Program
The World Youth Alliance Internship Program provides opportunities for young people to gain professional skills working.
Deadline: click on the link below to see the deadlines for each region with 3 batches.
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.wya.net/get-involved/internship
The Atlas Corps Fellowship
Participants will receive health insurance, flight and visa costs, and a living stipend to cover basic expenses.
Age: 18 – 35
Priority deadline (to apply for placements beginning in April 2020) is November 3.
Apply here https://atlascorps.embark.com/auth/login
Fully funded World Youth Forum
World Youth Forum is pleased to announce their upcoming annual event, “World Youth Forum 2019”, taking place from 14 – 17 December, 2019 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
Registration closes 10 November 2019
Apply here https://register.wyfegypt.com/register