Digital Financial Services Innovation Lab supported by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is calling on all purpose-driven entrepreneurs from Countries in Africa and Asia to in a fully funded bootcamp for smart, dynamic people who are building innovative products, services and technologies for low-income consumers.
Digital Financial Services Innovation Lab delivers innovative financial technology solutions to the developing world. It is an early-stage incubator that supports high potential entrepreneurs refine, grow and launch fintech businesses in developing countries.
DFS Lab focuses on empowering communities in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. DFS Lab delivers mentorship and strategic counsel to early-stage start-ups pioneering transformative business models that empower the poorest, profitably, and at scale.
The program runs for 5 days and includes flights, healthy meals, accommodation and fun! The best ideas will receive grant funding of up to USD $100K and six months of additional support from the DFS Lab.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2017
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa and Asia
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, candidate must:
- Be passionate about solving problems faced by low-income consumers
- Believe they have what it takes
- Be small and nimble teams of world class entrepreneurs, engineers, product managers, or other brilliant people who want to build digital services for millions of users.
- have deep expertise in fintech, payments, or retail finance and a strong desire to work in developing countries.
- Dream of creating financial products that will serve the needs of billions of low income consumers in developing countries.
- have a founder or co-founder fill out the application.
- Teams must consist of two-persons who wish to launch a company or very early stage startups with less than USD $100K investment to date who wants to send two co-founders to our bootcamp.
- The startup’s vision should be to create an innovative new technology to address one of DFS Lab’s priority areas.
If you are passionate about solving problems faced by low-income consumers and believe you have what it takes, apply now!